- Compressed Air
- Industrial Engines
- Power Generation
- Gaseous Generators
- Diesel Generators
- Bi-Fuel Generators
- Modular Power Systems
- Gemini Twin Pack Power Generators
- Mobile/Trailer Generators
- Light Commercial Generators
- Residential Home Generators
- Generac Portable Generators
- Honda Portable Generators
- Transfer Switches
- Generac Startup Documentation
- Stock Equip. – New & Used
- Honda Products
- Service, Parts, Training & Rental
- Contact Us
Power Generation > Modular Power Systems
Modular Power Systems
Generac’s Modular Power Systems (MPS) is an integrated approach to generator paralleling, and is cost competitive with large single generator sets and traditional paralleling systems. Advantages are redundancy, flexibility and scalability in a modular type paralleling system. These MPS gensets offer a lot:
- Diesel systems up to 100MW. Natural Gas systems up to 6MW. Bi-Fuel systems up to 9MW.
- Offering integrated paralleling solutions since the year 2000, Generac has over 3000 systems installed nationwide.
- The Modular Power System (MPS) combines smaller gensets in a side-by-side, parallel arrangement, using integrated switching, scaling up output at a significantly lower cost than using traditional non-integrated switchgear. Individual combined units can vary in output rating, which allows the system design to more closely match load requirements than single unit applications.
Features and Benefits:
- Superior Reliability – Each genset backs up the others in the system, so critical loads get redundant protection. Built-in redundancy also allows individual units to be taken off-line for routine maintenance while retaining coverage for critical circuits.
- Scalability – With MPS or the Gemini® Twin Pack, Generac customers can purchase the system they need today, and can add units quickly and easily as they are needed. There’s no need to replace the system if future power requirements exceed projections and no need to over-spend on a larger system that might never be fully utilized.
- Flexibility – MPS gensets are small enough to fit into spaces that can’t accommodate large units, and they are light enough for rooftop applications. Since MPS modules don’t have to be physically located together, you can better utilize available space. In addition, the space required for switchgear and large external panel boards is eliminated.
- Serviceability – By using consistently reliable, high volume engines, MPS units are easy to service by qualified engine technicians. Maintenance items and replacement parts are relatively inexpensive and readily available.